DStv is a subscription-based direct broadcast satellite (DBS) service that provides a wide range of television channels and services to subscribers across Africa. It offers a diverse selection of programming, including international channels (such as CNN, BBC, and ESPN), local and regional channels, movie channels, sports channels (like SuperSport), and exclusive content like reality shows and series. They often secure broadcasting rights for major sporting events like Premier League football, rugby, and cricket. Subscribers are required to pay a monthly subscription fee to access DStv services.
The subscription cost varies depending on the bouquet chosen. Subscribers can also make use of DStv’s various payment options, including online payments and mobile money. Speaking of the bouquet option, DStv offers a variety of subscription packages or bouquets, each with a different channel lineup and pricing to cater to different customer preferences and budgets. Common bouquets may include Premium, Compact Plus, Compact, Family, and Access, among others. If after making payment for subscription, you’re trying to reconnect your DSTV back, you can follow these easy steps below:
Confirm Payment: First, ensure that your payment has been successfully processed and reflected in your DStv account. This might take some time, depending on the payment method you used. You can check your payment status by logging into your DStv account online or by calling DStv customer support.
- DStv Smartcard: Make sure that your DStv smartcard is correctly inserted into your decoder. The smartcard is a critical component for decrypting the signal and granting access to channels. It should be in the slot labeled “Smartcard” on your decoder.
- Reboot Your Decoder: Sometimes, a simple reboot of your decoder can help reestablish a connection. To do this, turn your decoder with the power button and unplug the power cable from your decoder, wait for about 10 seconds, and then plug it back in. Allow the decoder to restart, and check if your channels are back.
- Activate via Self-Service: DStv often provides self-service options for reactivation. You can typically reactivate your subscription online through the DStv website or by using the DStv app. Here’s how:
- Online via the DStv Website:
- Go to the DStv website and log in to your account.
- Navigate to the “My Account” section.
- Look for an option like “Reconnect” or “Activate” and follow the prompts.
- Confirm your payment and wait for the signal to be sent to your decoder.
- Using the DStv App:
- Download and install the DStv app on your smartphone or tablet.
- Log in with your DStv account details.
- Locate the “Reconnect” or “Activate” option and follow the steps to reactivate your subscription.
- Call Customer Support: If you are unable to reconnect your DStv service using the self-service options, you can call DStv customer support for assistance. They will guide you through the process and ensure that your subscription is properly activated.
- Wait for Signal Activation: After you’ve completed the reactivation process, it may take a little time for the signal to be sent to your decoder and for your channels to be fully restored. Be patient and give it some time.
In Nigeria and other countries where they operate, DStv also offers a convenient self-service option through SMS using the short code 30333. This SMS service allows you to perform various account-related tasks, including checking your account balance and resetting your account after making a subscription payment.
How to Reset Your DStv Account Using SMS
Step 1: Open your text message app on your mobile phone.
Step 2: Type the word “RESET,” followed by a space.
Step 3: Enter your DStv IUC (Installation, Upgrade, and Conversion) number. This unique identifier is crucial for linking your request to your specific DStv account. You can usually find your IUC number on your smartcard or on your decoder.
Step 4: Send the SMS to the shortcode 30333.
Step 5: Wait for a short while for the system to process your request. Your DStv account will be reactivated and ready for use.
It’s important to note that the reset code “RESET” is the same for different African countries where DStv operates. However, the shortcode number to which you send the SMS may vary depending on your location. Therefore, if you are in a different African country, you should check the specific shortcode for your location.