ReadyCash operates as an agency banking network with a primary mission of extending access to financial services throughout Nigeria. Owned by Parkway Projects, this organization was established in 2012 and has since focused on recruiting agents who dedicate themselves to delivering essential financial services to a significant portion of Nigeria’s population. In addition to providing essential financial services, ReadyCash offers an opportunity for recruiters to earn income through this initiative and potentially bring in other interested participants under their wing.
Is ReadyCash Legit?
ReadyCash holds a license from the Central Bank of Nigeria (CBN) and operates as a mobile payment service, allowing users to create and manage virtual wallets. However, it’s noteworthy that ReadyCash does not offer its services through conventional mobile app stores. Instead, they provide their own downloadable application, exclusively available on Android devices, accessible through their official website. This unique approach has raised some concerns regarding the platform’s legitimacy. Additionally, there are questions about transparency, as ReadyCash does not publicly share reviews, only good ones would be posted on their website, potentially leading to biased information on their website. For tips on discerning legitimate services from scams, you can refer to our detailed article here.
Services Offered by ReadyCash
- Send and Withdraw Money: ReadyCash’s mobile app offers a seamless and efficient method for sending money to any bank in Nigeria, all at the touch of a button on your smartphone. This service is especially advantageous for users who need to transfer funds quickly and securely to family members, friends, or business associates. Additionally, ReadyCash enhances accessibility by allowing users to withdraw cash from their bank accounts using ReadyCash Point of Sale (POS) terminals or authorized agents. This feature is particularly convenient for individuals who prefer cash transactions or may not have easy access to ATMs.
- Pay Bills: ReadyCash simplifies the often tedious and time-consuming task of bill payments. The platform offers a comprehensive bill payment feature that covers essential bills such as electricity, cable subscriptions, and other utilities. Users can conveniently settle these bills directly through the ReadyCash app, eliminating the need for traditional methods such as visiting payment centers or bank branches. This not only saves time but also ensures that bills are paid promptly, helping users avoid late payment fees and service interruptions.
- Pay Merchants: ReadyCash empowers users to make payments to entrepreneurs, local shop owners, and businesses using their smartphones. This process is designed to be user-friendly and straightforward, enhancing the ease of transactions. Whether you’re purchasing goods or services, settling restaurant bills, or supporting local businesses, ReadyCash offers a hassle-free payment solution. By facilitating payments through the app, users can reduce their reliance on physical cash, which can be more convenient and secure.
- Airtime Recharge: The digital banking service provided by ReadyCash extends to the realm of mobile airtime recharge. Users can effortlessly purchase airtime for themselves or their loved ones directly through the app. This feature is especially practical when you need to top up your mobile phone’s balance on the go. ReadyCash ensures that airtime purchase is a quick and convenient process, eliminating the need to visit physical retail locations or use scratch cards.
- Bank Verification Number (BVN) Signup: ReadyCash offers users the unique advantage of enrolling for their Bank Verification Number (BVN) without enduring the often lengthy and cumbersome processes associated with traditional banking. BVN is a critical component of banking in Nigeria, serving as a means of identity verification. By providing a simplified BVN enrollment process, ReadyCash removes the need for users to wait in long queues or navigate complex paperwork. This service is designed to save time and effort, ensuring that users can access essential banking services without unnecessary delays.
How to Become a ReadyCash Agent
To join the ranks of ReadyCash agents, you’ll need a valid ID, a valid utility bill, and a clear image of yourself. Follow these steps to embark on your agent journey:
- Download the mobile app’s Android Package Kit (APK) file from their official website (Note: This is exclusive to Android users).
- Register for an account on the app by completing the registration form.
- Await feedback from ReadyCash, which typically arrives within 72 hours.
- Once approved, you’ll receive an agent ID, a PIN, and a password, enabling you to engage in mobile money transactions.
Pros Of ReadyCash:
- The CBN license lends credibility to the platform.
- Offers a wide range of essential financial services, including bill payments and money transfers.
- Provides an opportunity for users to earn income by becoming agents.
- Simplifies the process of BVN enrollment, reducing the need for physical presence.
- Enables users to send money to any bank in Nigeria with ease.
Cons Of ReadyCash:
- Lack of support for iOS devices and exclusive availability on Android devices may limit accessibility.
- Concerns regarding transparency due to the absence of publicly shared reviews.
ReadyCash, as an agency banking network, strives to enhance access to financial services in Nigeria. With its CBN license and a broad spectrum of financial offerings, it holds the potential to be a valuable resource for users seeking convenience and accessibility. However, its exclusivity to Android devices and limited transparency in terms of reviews and fees may pose certain limitations. Users interested in leveraging ReadyCash should consider these factors while evaluating its suitability for their financial needs. The opportunity for individuals to become agents adds an interesting dimension, potentially expanding ReadyCash’s reach and impact in the Nigerian financial landscape.