MKOBO Microfinance Bank Limited is a commercial bank headquartered in Lagos, Nigeria, established in 2015. This financial institution specializes in offering debt financing solutions, including loans, secured debt, and unsecured debt, primarily serving small and mid-sized enterprises. It differentiates itself from conventional banks and microfinance institutions by operating without a traditional banking hall and avoiding cash transactions.
Is MKOBO Microfinance Bank Legit?
MKOBO Microfinance Bank is a legitimate financial institution, holding licenses from the Central Bank of Nigeria (CBN) and enjoying insurance coverage from the Nigeria Deposit Insurance Corporation (NDIC). The bank’s mobile application boasts impressive ratings, with a remarkable 4.8 stars on Google’s PlayStore and a respectable 3.5 stars on Apple’s App Store. These ratings underscore the trustworthiness and credibility of MKOBO, as customers appear highly satisfied with its services.
Services Offered by MKOBO Microfinance Bank
- Emergency Loans: MKOBO provides a specialized emergency loan service tailored for employees of select organizations in the private and public sectors. The application process is streamlined, with loan disbursement occurring within a mere 4 hours from the time of application. Loan repayment is facilitated through deductions from the borrower’s monthly salary. Loan amounts span from a minimum of N5,000 to a maximum of N50,000, contingent upon the borrower’s income and existing financial commitments. Prospective borrowers must submit a duly completed application form, enlist a guarantor, furnish valid identification (such as a national ID, driver’s license, voter’s card, or international passport), provide a current utility bill, and evidence of paid employment. Additionally, the applicant’s employing organization must be registered with MKOBO.
- Asset Finance: MKOBO’s asset finance service revolves around financing income-generating assets, with the asset itself serving as collateral. Eligibility hinges upon membership in an organization within MKOBO’s partnership network. Substantial loan amounts are available, subject to specific business partnership agreements. The loan tenure extends to a maximum of 12 months.
- Capital Loan: This service is tailored for seasoned agents working under licensed network managers. Agents can access loans up to N500,000 to bolster their business endeavors. Qualification necessitates agent status within a network manager’s sphere of influence within MKOBO’s partnership network, with a minimum trading tenure of six months.
- Bill Payment: MKOBO’s mobile application empowers users to execute a range of bill payment services, including airtime top-ups, data subscriptions, and utility payments.
- Savings: MKOBO introduces Mkolo Savings, a platform designed to incentivize saving efforts. Customers can stipulate their financial goals, and MKOBO rewards them with attractive interest rates, fueling their journey toward achieving these objectives.
- Inter-Bank Transfers: MKOBO’s SingleView feature grants users seamless access to view all third-party bank account balances and transactions through a single, integrated application.
Pros of MKOBO Microfinance Bank:
- Licensed and regulated by the Central Bank of Nigeria (CBN), ensuring a secure financial environment.
- Insured by the Nigeria Deposit Insurance Corporation (NDIC), offering additional financial protection.
- Highly-rated mobile app on Google’s PlayStore (4.8 stars) and Apple’s App Store (3.5 stars), indicating customer satisfaction.
- Swift loan processing for emergency loans, with disbursement in as little as 4 hours.
- Diverse range of financial solutions tailored to various needs.
- Asset finance leverages income-generating assets as collateral.
- Competitive interest rates for savings.
Cons Of MKOBO Microfinance Bank:
- Limited physical presence may pose accessibility challenges for some customers.
- Eligibility criteria for certain services may restrict access.
- Loan terms and conditions can vary based on partnership agreements.
MKOBO Microfinance Bank Limited is a legitimate and regulated financial institution offering a unique array of financial services, primarily accessible through its mobile application. While its operating model diverges from traditional banks and microfinance institutions, the impressive user ratings and versatile service portfolio reflect its commitment to customer satisfaction. Potential clients should weigh the institution’s limited physical presence and eligibility prerequisites when evaluating its compatibility with their financial goals and requirements.